Following the Government announcement on Sunday 10 May, unlimited outdoor activity is now permitted in England and so we are able to return once again to the County’s beautiful beaches and to our favourite watersports activities.
However, it is essential in doing so that we continue to follow government guidelines. People are permitted to travel to other destinations in order to exercise, but that any activity still needs to be alone, with members of a single household or with one other person you do not live with. Social distancing guidelines must be followed at all times.
The latest guidance from the UK Government can be found here.
For activity specific advice please see below:
- Recreational boating – https://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/news/Pages/coronavirus-advice-and-information-for-recreational-boaters.aspx
- Paddleboarding – https://www.bsupa.org.uk/2020/05/13/bsupa-return-to-paddle-boarding-covid-19/
- Canoeing/Kayaking – https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/news/2020/a-return-to-paddling-in-england
- Surfing – https://www.surfingengland.org/news/
- Outdoor Swimming – https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/coronavirus-faqs-answered/
- RNLI – https://rnli.org/magazine/magazine-featured-list/2020/may/your-watch-stay-safe-at-the-seaside